Friday, January 15, 2010

How to cut baby toe nails?

does anyone have any tips on trimming toe nails? my daughter is 6mths and everytime i try trimming her toe nails she starts fidgeting and kicking her legs i have tried to do it when she's asleep but she moves her feet then too!





does anyone else have this problem !!!!How to cut baby toe nails?
One suggesion is after she has had a bath. The nails will be softer and easier to cut. Good luck though as she will still not sit still.How to cut baby toe nails?
I was told when my kids were babies that it was easier to bite the toenails off, cos the scissors can cut their toes, and same for clippers. Best time to do it is straight after their bath while the nail is soft, and the baby wont feel it, unless of course they are ticklish.
i had this problem too i used to get someone to hold my daughter then did it as quick and carefully as i could. she will get used to it, maybe you could cut your toenails in front of her so she realises that it wont hurt or just wait until she is fast asleep and do it then.
you just have to hold tight without hurting them obviously, but you must perservere. I didnt cut my babies toenails for a while until she scratched me quite nastily on the tummy while breast feeding!!!! so i went at it. lol.....give her something really interesting to play with...although she will probably still do it....
when you give your baby a bath...let there feet soak in the water...when you get the baby out of the bath there nails will be soft enough to take your fingers an just peel the tips off like clothe or you can you the fingernail trimmers...
She might be ticklish. Hold her feet firmly (when shes asleep) Try not to touch too much on the bottom where she is more likely to be ticklish. Try cutting one or two toes each sitting until they are done. Or have daddy hold her and distract her while you clip.





good luck
I gave up cutting them! After having one finger bleed for two hours, I couldn't do it again.





I now file them. Just get a reg. nail file. Hold the skin a little away from the nail and file away. My son actually likes this and doesn't fidget at all.
Trim them right after a bath as then their nails are soft. Put them in front of the TV or get someone to distract then while your cutting them. Hope this helped!
try biting them instead of using clippers or scissors - that way you wont take a chunk out of her (like i did with my son once) and you shouldnt get too hurt either as you can hold her in the position needed
My sister cuts my nephew's nails by biting them off. But she's kind of a weird one. She takes his toes in her mouth and nibbles the nails off. it's kind of sweet in a monkey/gorilla type of way.
LOL I remember it well. Try using a file instead - at least no injury when she moves. I had a friend who actually used to bite her sons toe nails - oddly he loved it!!!
yeah i have the same problem with my 5 month old. i just try to hold her as still as i can while still being very gentle holding her leg...just slowly but surely is the only way
If you get her after a bath then her nails are softer and you may be able to even pull them off.
My husband clips my son's toenails while he's breastfeeding before bedtime and half asleep. Still a difficult task, but this works for us.
afte her they are softer but i always give my lil man a bath put him too sleep and trim them while he's sleeping it works great!! and trip them straight a cross ofcourse
VERY FRUSTRATING BUT GOOD LUCK
Meatcleaver. It cuts 'em clean off.
try to do it while she is eating
do it when they are sleeping
bath him then gently cut them

No comments:

Post a Comment