Thursday, January 21, 2010

I banged my toe about 3 weeks ago. The nail turned black and then fell off?

last night. How long will it take to grow back and is there anything specific that I should be doing to keep it from getting infected?I banged my toe about 3 weeks ago. The nail turned black and then fell off?
Don't worry at all.


Initially it will give you a bad feel but later on slowly you will get a new nail coming out from the base . Please do not use any artificial nail on it as it will stop the growth of the underlying nail. Once you see that the nail bed is growing sufficient to handle glue and artificial nail you can do it. Till then keep it dry covered . Use some antiseptic dressing for a week and you will be fine . Try no to wear shoes which make your feet sweat a lot. Honestly it will come back in 3 months to 4 months. cause the nail grow at the rate of .1 mm each dayI banged my toe about 3 weeks ago. The nail turned black and then fell off?
This answerer....must be an expert at nails! =P

Report Abuse



Ouch!
It will take about a month to grow back in. Keep it coated with neosporin and you should be okay.
Go to a doctor.
i believe it takes about 2-3 weeks for it to grow back. You have to make sure its always clean and free of dirt. Put Band aid on it or some wrap to prevent infection.
I think what happened is quite normal. I'm not a medical expert by any means. A visit to your local doctor might be in good order. You could also check Web Md at www.webmd.com
you may want to put a bandaid on it to keep the dirt out i dont know how long it will take.
it will grow back..but make an appointment with a dermatologist [skin doctor] or a podiatrist [foot doctor] so as not to take any chances and ensure a speedy recovery. hope you feel better!
It will take almost a year to grow back. Put Neosporin on it to prevent infection.





I dropped a cinder-block on my toe last June and it's just now back to normal.
Don't worry it will grow back it take time, I once had fake nails (never again) ripped off my pinky nail, it ripp off in the perfect shape of my full nail, before I new it, it came back.
It will take a long time but put salve and a bandaide on it and it will be fine
growth about 3 weeks, see your doc bout infections
put alcohol on it and hope for the best and pick me as best answer
that happened to me. It hurts a lot, doesnt it? it'll grow back, just keep neosporin on it and try to forgive anybody who accidentally steps on it.
Keep it clean, perioxide, etc. It will start to go back in a month or so.
A nail grows 1/4 inches a month so you should see a new toenail growing within 3 months. Keep the area clean and covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment