Thursday, January 21, 2010

Nail Surgery??--- Is my toe infected?

I had nail surgey on octover 31st to get my toenail removed because it was ingrown. 2 Days later I experienced extreme pain and throbbing in the toe. It got to the point where I had to walk on the side of my foot because the pain was too intense to walk normally. The pain gradually got less and less, and it keeps on going on and off. I went back to the podiatrist on 7th Nov to get the dressing changed. He said that my toe was fine, but the effects of an infection were;





Smell


throbbing


redness and swelling in the toe,





I have all of these symptoms and he says my toe is not infected. The throbbing, redness and smell is still there.





What should I do- podiatrist said it isnt infected.Nail Surgery??--- Is my toe infected?
Go back to the podiatrist. Tell him you are worried about all the pain and smell, etc. Ask him how to control the pain, why the toe is so red; get him ti explain to your satisfaction everything you want to know. Take a friend who can help you understand what he says. Write down your questions ahead of time and get every one of them answered. Until you are satisfied, keep bugging the doctor. Ask him to treat the foot to cut the smell to the point you are OK with it.


Many people suffer terrific anxiety about something when they need to push the doctor to tell them more.


If after all that you are still dissatisfied, go to an urgent care clinic and have it evaluated. Be careful to keep your foot elevated, avoid bad shoes, follow proper foot care.


Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment