Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Stubbed my toe.....LOTS of bleeding under nail....what should I do?

I know it's not dangerous or anything, but it hurts a LOT!Stubbed my toe.....LOTS of bleeding under nail....what should I do?
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, DO NOT poke your toenail with any foreign object. Wrap your toe and put some ice on it. Then call your Dr. Good Luck!!!Stubbed my toe.....LOTS of bleeding under nail....what should I do?
take a needle to toenail to relieve the pressure
wrap it in gauze or your toenail will come off! NO JOKE! My dad works in pharmacy and one of his colleagues has a friend who had the same thing happen to them. IT WON'T HAPPEN RIGHT AWAY, but if it bleeds under your toenail, it's dead.
Take a needle heat it up with a lighter and poke a hole in your tonail where you see the blood at. It will relieve the pressure. It dosen't feel good though!
ice, ice, ice, and more ice


on top of the pressure bandage, of course.





If you can't relieve the pressure under


the nail, and it is throbbing, then a trip


to a walk-in clinic would be my choice


for opening ';my'; toenail to drain...





...and my thumbnail agrees with me.
Polk a hole in the top of the nail with a needle or something sterile. It will release the pressure so it doesn't hurt nearly as bad. And you won't have to loose your nail.

No comments:

Post a Comment