Saturday, January 23, 2010

Painting your daughters toe nails?

Do you paint your daughters toe nails- or not? I have thought about it, but she loves to eat her feet lol (7 mths old tomorrow) and I do not know what you mommies do and would love your input.


:)Painting your daughters toe nails?
LOL, it occurred to me to paint my (nearly one year old) son's toenails, because he's so fascinated by nail polished fingers. But I just painted mine (something I don't usually do) and let him play with them. I don't think once the nail polish dried it would be such a big deal, but it's the 15-20 minutes it takes to dry that I think would be a nightmare.Painting your daughters toe nails?
I paint my 7 and my 2 year olds toes. I started painting the 7 year olds toes when she was about 11 months. And my 2 year old when she was 9 months. I give them a color choice. No Blacks. My 7 year old usually does:


Pink


Orange


Red


Yellow


And she mixes. One toe Pink, one to Red, one to Pink and so on.





My 2 year old uses:


Teals


Reds


Pinks


Oranges


Green


Peach





I also put jewels on them to make them more ';fancy';. My 2 year old LOVES it. She calls herself the diva when I put them on. But that is usually if they have been good or if they want it. :-)





EDIT: I didn't read your question! Hah. Sorry.


I would go to the doctor and ask him/her what polishes are and aren't poisonus. Because some are and if she eats her toenails then she could get them in her system. That wouldn't be very good!! :-Z
I've done her big toe a few times, when I was doing mine. (Although she's at the eat my feet now stage too, so I stopped)





I did it when she was asleep, that's when I cut her nails anyway. I didn't hold her down or anything after while it tried, I just figured if it rubbed off, well too bad ! It was really cute !
Sure, right before I put her make up on and her high heels, I paint her nails.


Geez, I just don't get why some people think that babies can be treated like dolls.


ETA - Note - nothing was directed at you personally. I just dislike babies being dressed and treated like dolls. You asked for everyone's input, you got it.
My daughter will be 2 and I have never painted her toes. I've had random people mention painting her toenails but it just never occurred for me to do so. I really don't see much point in it.
PAINT! Ha, I have enough trouble clipping them. she'd never stay still long enough for them to dry. She's such a busybody. 10 months old--learning to walk and such you know.
I haven't ever done it - my daughter is 22 months. There are some little girls at her gymnastics class who have their nails painted - personally, I just don't like how it looks on little girls.
If she likes to eat her feet i would refrain to that until you get doctors consultion. Nail polish can be some what poisonous and is not meant to be eaten .
Although it is really tempting, it is probably better not to ;)
how cute. i dont think i would but it could be fun for a party or something x x
when she stops eating those feet go for it!! my daughter loves it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment