Friday, January 15, 2010

My toe nails are digging into my skin on the sides and want to know can this be fixed w/o surgery.?

The nails on my feet are curling into my skin, I have tried to file them on the sides, yet they continue to do the same thing. Is there a way to fix this problem without surgery. I wonder if it is haradetary, my grandfather had this problem, and it was severe. Infact, he could not even cut his toe nails, I do not want this to happen, if anyone knows please help.My toe nails are digging into my skin on the sides and want to know can this be fixed w/o surgery.?
My neice has this too. They kept removing the ingrown part and then they finally decided to remove the whole toenail. Sounds painful, but the ingrown part is more painful in the long run.My toe nails are digging into my skin on the sides and want to know can this be fixed w/o surgery.?
They may need to be trimmed. When mine get a little long; they dig into the sides of my toes also. I use a small toenail clipper. To clip the sides, I clip from the center of my nail to the end. That way I can get the side part that digs into my toes. Then, I clip the center to the other side of the nail. I find that if I clip just before I get to the side; the nail is still hooked on and I just pull it off. The deep part of the root in the corner comes right out. It feels so good to get it out.


I hope this doesn't sound confusing to you.


Also, some shoes make be crowding toes and causing them to curl down.


Personally, I wouldn't have surgery on my feet unless it's the last resort.


If you go to a salon that does this for you; buy your own scissor kit and take it with you for them to use. A lot of these places don't keep their tools sterile and clean. Some don't even clean them between each customer. A lot of people are picking up germs or infections from these places. Some have a whirlpool tub for your feet. I've heard on the news that they don't clean the tubs after each use. So, it's good to know what's going on and to make up your own minds.
I n that case pl see a pedicurist otherwisw this problem can worsen also dont wear very tight fitting footwear
I found the answer in a sports med training book a few years ago.





Trim the center portion of the front of the nail with a slight concave cut, and thin down the actual nail surface, scraping it thinner. Trim those corners as little as possible. My nails are thick, so I could scrape them down a lot.





The nail apparently grows faster where it has been cut. So you will draw growth to the top surface and front center, away from the corners. It will also slowly pull out of the corners.





I tried this when I found it a few years ago, and it worked.
yes a friend of mine done the samething take a cotton ball to your toe's every night with listerine on it and soak them before cuting them
Ingrown toenails are painful - I dont think there's really much you can do without having to soak/cut them every day. Operation is the only way
sounds like you have an ingrown toenail. i used to get those. what you can do is to soak your feet and then (using a tac) stick the point under your nail and try to move the nail. do this everyday. Filing on the sides makes it worse because the nail gets shorter but it;ll grow back

No comments:

Post a Comment