Saturday, January 23, 2010

How do you trim a rats toe nails?

my rats nails and i need to cut themHow do you trim a rats toe nails?
I agree with Skittles, putting a brick in my past rats cage helped with her sharp nails.How do you trim a rats toe nails?
I have 2 rats of my own and was wondering the same thing. I was thinking about trying to use nail clippers but I'm too scared to try. They're kind of fidgety and it would be terrible if I accidentally hurt them! I know that sometimes I see one of mine kind of nibbling at her toes, I wonder if they trim their own if they get too long? I've also heard that if you add something in their cage with a rough texture it can wear them down when they walk on it. Maybe you can ask a vet, if you are willing to pay, but other than that I don't know. I just leave mine be, it seems fine except sometimes when I hold them it scratches me a bit.





please take a look at my ?:http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>
You can put a brick in their cage and they will scratch on it and wear them down, I wouldn't risk trimming their tiny nails.
do you think that a guinea pig is much different than a rat for nails? we trim our guinea's nail with our own nail clipper once a month. maybe this will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment