Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cutting a busy toddlers finger and toe nails???

The ONLY way i am able to cut my sons finger and toe nails is if he is in a DEAD sleep. Other than that he fights it to the death... any suggestions?Cutting a busy toddlers finger and toe nails???
I always cut Dylan's when he was asleep too. They let you do it eventually, but it takes time, it's sort of scary I suppose.Cutting a busy toddlers finger and toe nails???
I let my son watch a TV show. He doesn't get to watch much TV so its a treat! Its still a fight, but I threaten to turn the TV off if he doesn't let me do it and he eventually does. Amazingly this week I did it while he was watching gymnastics at the olympics - he was fascinated!
i had to do that too. my son is two now and he'll let me do it if I'm fast enough.


and i have to make it a game ill count with every snip, or sing him a song, something to make it fun other wise I'm holding him down.



Either continue cutting them while he is asleep or make them part of his bathing routine, do only one or two a night right after his bath. Make sure you reward/praise him and he will begin to get used to it being a part of the routine.
Why is a toddler controlling YOU? If he wants to fight, show what a fight really is. Pop his little behind and then let him sit in the corner for a while until you think he's learned his lesson.





If it doesn't work the first time, rinse and repeat until it does.
You could do the toenails when the little on is in the high chair and maybe the fingernails when they're in the car seat?



i have them watch their favorite show. or asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment