Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Nail removed on big toe...is pain level normal?

It's been 72 hours since I had my toe nail removed, and I'm wondering how much pain is normal. It seems like my whole toe aches. And it's still really oozing a lot of fluid.


I'm thinking I should call and talk to the doc on call...Nail removed on big toe...is pain level normal?
You need to look for signs of infection,swelling and redness may be normal for this kind of thing so check if your toe has a ';fever';,you know,if it's hot and look for pus and/or red streaks coming from the area. If everything looks fine in that area,it sounds like soaking it in warm water with something like epsom salts would be very soothing. Try a few times a day for 20-30 minutes each time and give it another day or 2. Most important to rule out infection first though.Nail removed on big toe...is pain level normal?
i got my ingrown toenail removed probly about 4 months ago and it is still not healed i know the pain honey i had to have 5 shots in my foot and it was only required to have 3 it hurts so bad im sure since you got your entire toenail removed it is natural for the fluids to come out alot because mine was really bloody and pussy and yeah but it seems like your toe is sounding really good but if the spot wherwe the toenail hurts still hurts in about two weeks you need to go to the peditrist to see what is wrong with it but for me the shot holes were what hurt but i hope it gets better i understand the pain
you need to call the dr and get it checked out could be infected.
Sounds like what I went through... About three days and a limp for about a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment