Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Got my toe sliced by a nail?

Alright, I was coming up the stairs barefoot and apparently there are loose nails underneath the ledge which I've never noticed before. My foot got caught on one and ripped a jagged cut on the top of my big toe. I cleaned it and put antibiotic ointment on it, but it stings alot, so I'm wondering should I wait until tomorrow to see if it feels better or go to the doctor? It's one of those wounds where it looks worse than it actually is, at least I think so. It stopped bleeding after about ten minutes.Got my toe sliced by a nail?
If it's very deep get to the doctor for stitches as soon as you can. If it's not too deep, just keep it clean and hold off going in to the doctor. If, after a few days, the area around your toe gets red and/or gets sensitive......or if your skin is red around the toe and the redness seems to go up your foot....get to the doctor immediately. This could be a sign of infection.





As someone already stated, if you haven't had a tetnus shot within the last 7-10 years, you might want to call your primary doctor and explain your situation. They can recommend whether or not you should get a shot.





Good luck!Got my toe sliced by a nail?
ok, i've split enough nails and broke off chunks of them in my life, and i'm only 19. its an open cut, its gonna sting until it starts to heal over. don't trip unless the nail was rusty and you haven't had your tetnus shot. if that is the case, go to the doctor and get your shot. you don't really need stitches because it will heal over, it takes time (and you can't get stitches in your nail anywayz). just relax, keep it clean and let it heal. it'll get better.
It depends how big the cut is - you might need stitches. But the most important thing is when you got your last tetanus shot. Any time you are cut by metal it is dangerous. If you've had a tetanus shot within the last 10 years it's okay, but if it's been longer you need to get a tetanus shot!
I guess it depends . . .


but I would wait until tomarrow
  • makeup video
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment