Saturday, January 23, 2010

How do i get her to stop biting her finger and toe nails?

Dip them in something that tastes really bad, like vinegar.How do i get her to stop biting her finger and toe nails?
Well, maybe shoes will help with the toes, but these habits can last forever. When my niece gets tired into the mouth goes her thumb. She is 27 years old. Good luck!How do i get her to stop biting her finger and toe nails?
I have been told there is a nail polish that taste really bad and it wont hurt them.
I babysat my boyfriend's 5-year-old niece, and she has some discipline problems (when she stays with her grandparents she gets away with murder). She LOVES to wear nailpolish, but also bites her nails and sucks her thumb. Her grandparents indulge this behavior, saying that she suffers from an oral fixation and can't help it. I say that's a load of crap, and she's going to have problems with her teeth if she keeps up the sucking.





Well, one day when I had her, she more or less threw a fit when I told her she couldn't suck her thumb. I explained that if she wanted to be a big girl and be pretty, she could wear nailpolish, but under no circumstances could she bite her nails or suck her thumb, because nailpolish isn't good for you. OR, if she insisted on sucking her thumb, we would take the nailpolish off.





She wanted to suck her thumb.





We took the nailpolish off.





Nailpolish remover tastes HORRIBLE.





She didn't suck her thumb the rest of the time I had her.
The product is called stop and grow. You can paint it on toe and finger nails - like nail polish and it tastes foul. I hope there is a similar product in your area. Re-apply it each day.


Your local pharmacist should be able to help you. Rewards for not biting may also help.

No comments:

Post a Comment