Thursday, January 21, 2010

Nail fungus on my toe!?

I went to a salon and got a pedicure for the first time ever - I did not know that they were supposed to use individual ';tools'; for each client, they just dipped them into a solution and reuse them. I really learned my lesson here.





When I took the polish off there was a white spot on my nail, I thought it was nothing so I just tried to buff it out with a file then re-painted them. Another week went by and the spot was bigger when I redid them. I never went back to the salon, the pedicure freaked me out.





Now it's been like 6 months and the white spot turned all dry (likely from me filing on it) and on the other foot it's turned all thick and yellow. It kinda got a dark spot up near the cuticle as well.





Last night I decided to examine it really closely when I trimmed them, well, the nail is separated from the nail bed. Everywhere where it's yellow the nail is not connected to the nail bed. Nearly all the way up to the cuticle. I'd say that it's 2/3 of the nail is that way.





I got a little scraper out, dipped it in alcohol to run underneath it, there is no pain whatsoever where it's separated and lifted up. The dark spot near the cuticle under the nail was dead skin or something, it's mostly gone after I fished all the **** out. Everything that I fished out smelled less than pleasant as well - there was a lot of it too. (ok, that was gross and I'm sure TMI, sorry)





I've put tea tree oil on all of my nails because they all were dry looking, there is clean, pretty nail growing out from the cuticle now on all of them except my big toes that look like this. I wear sandals all the time and this looks nasty. I only have like 2 pair of closed toe shoes!





Is there anything that I can do about it? Can I paint over it while it's growing out or something? This looks seriously gross and I keep hiding my feet!Nail fungus on my toe!?
Toenail fungus can be difficult to get rid of.





There is a prescription drug that has a so-so record of success and it is very expensive.





Keep in mind that fungus likes warm, moist, alkaline, dark areas to grow. With that in mind try the following natural methods. Keep your feet as keep dry as much as possible. Some people have had luck using tea tree oil 2 or 3 times a day. Do not miss any days. If you do the fungus will start to grow again. It will take a few months for the nail to grow back completely.





If the tea tree oil does not work you can try plain white vinegar. Get a small dropper bottle from the drug store and use the vinegar, a drop or 2 on each nail and cuticle 2 or 3 times a day. Vinegar works because fungus does not grow in an acidic environment.Nail fungus on my toe!?
You really should see a doctor for it.
I had the exact same situation. You should check out this website:





http://www.my-nail-fungus-story.com





It was very informative and helpful to me and now I'm happy to say I got rid of my nail fungus. Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment