Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Can I clip my hamster's toe nails, or should I let the vet do it?

Go to the vet and let them cut it.Can I clip my hamster's toe nails, or should I let the vet do it?
yes but only if they are long enough you will notice a ';quick'; the white part of the nail this is the nerve so only cut a little at a time and never cut close the the quick or this will hurt them and he will scratch you and you hamster will never want their nails cut again on your next vet visit get him to show you how it's done.if not and your confident on doning it yourself after a little research i've attached a great web site for this. happy clippingCan I clip my hamster's toe nails, or should I let the vet do it?
Yes, but you should only do it yourself if you know how. This is because of a small blood filled skin sack called the quick, which is located inside an animals nail. If you cut too close to it, it will cause soreness. If you cut it, the hamster will be badly injured. You should take it to your vet if the hamsters nails are too long. Especially if they start to curl under,
You can clip them, but be very careful. Just give the tops a trim. It would be best to use sand paper or those sticks people use.
give it a little block of rough wood (maybe wrapped in fine sandpaper?) or a rough salt lick, it will scratch at it until they are filed.
you don't need to clip your hamsters nails only if they get very long and curl over but just give them a block of wood and then they can wear them down on there


hope i helped
I wouldn't do it yourself if I were you - it will probably bite you.
  • makeup video
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment