Sunday, January 17, 2010

I kicked my toe. Its going Black! under then nail. How do I stop it??

I fell up the stairs... totally imbarrasing and funny at the same time. But I kicked my big toe %26amp; the bruising under the nail is turning it black. I know its going to probably fall off or something unless I do something. Any suggestions ... Any help???I kicked my toe. Its going Black! under then nail. How do I stop it??
It is black from dried blood. Your toenail will grow out in six months. There is nothing you could do, except maybe pull the toenail off....it will grow back. It might even fall off by itself. It is not dangerous, it is just ugly. Nail polish?????I kicked my toe. Its going Black! under then nail. How do I stop it??
I caught my thumb and 60 percent of the nail went black. It was so painful that I had to see a doctor. He pierced it - it was completely painless, and relieved the pressure. I didn't lose the nail.

Report Abuse



soak it in cold water for the rest of the evening
theres nothing to do,it'll be bruised for a while and even if it would fall off,it'll grow back.just ice it.
ouch! but it's totally normal. i guess you kicked it really hard. the bruising under the nail is like a black and blue mark on your skin....it'll heel but it might hurt for a while....you might want to wear shoes around the house so you have a little more support if it happens again.
No, you are going to lose it. I hope though that you watch what you are doing so that you don't stub your toe while it is growing a new nail. If you do, it may get infected, then you will have to go to the doctor for antibiotics or some other substance.
Its not guaranteed to fall off like people will have you believe. The same thing happened to me once, and people suggested I stick a pin in it to release some of the pressure from the blood. I respectfully declined, left it alone, and it healed just fine. My nail never came off or anything.
the nail is going to come off. but don't worry i fall up the stairs all the time

No comments:

Post a Comment