Friday, May 14, 2010

Painting my daughters toe nails...is she too young ?

I know this may sound crazy to some people but my daughter is 8 months old now and with the nice weather finally here i would love to paint her toe nails...i work at a daycare and babies come in all the time with their toe nails painted..i just want to know is she too young to do it? is there any like special kind of polish u can buy for babies? idk i just think its cute but i dont want to do anything that could harm her or anything...advice please?Painting my daughters toe nails...is she too young ?
haha if she will sit still, then go for it :P my 2y/o wont i have tried afew times, i think it looks cute tooPainting my daughters toe nails...is she too young ?
I don't know if that is too young, I think that should be up to the mother. However I would worry about the chemicals in it and how mess it would be if she started moving while it was still wet. You should look in the little girl dress up section of the toy store, they have fake makeup and kids nail polish for little girls to play with. If it gets spilled or on things other then the nails, it just peels off. It wont last nearly as long but its going to be a lot safer and a lot cleaner. Just an Idea.
It Should be fine :)
shes a girl paint them :)
you can paint her lil nails, its fine:)
Please listen to the following:





Your baby is only 8 months old. Her nervous system has not even been set yet or fully developed.





There are cancerous ingredients in nail polish.





This is very harmful to ANYONE, not just children (babies).





A baby is still putting their hands and feet into their mouths. Biting and sucking on their fingers and toes.





I believe it would not be a good idea to put nail polish on a baby. I would not care how cute it may look -- my baby's health would come first.





It is not mandatory -- there is nothing to be gained; but when your child has learning difficulties in the future, then you will start to think if this could have been prevented.





I would want my baby to grow up, to walk, to talk, to learn and etc.





There is no way I would knowingly put harm in my child's way of their natural growth to becoming a healthy human being.





The harmful ingredients are as follows:


dibutyl phthalate (DBP), formaldehyde and toluene.





Toluene has also been linked to skin irritations, liver damage and anaemia, while formaldehyde is 'reasonably anticipated' to be a human carcinogen.





They are CANCER CAUSING ingredients.





My advice to you is if you are really set on putting nail polish on your child's toes and fingers, WAIT until she is 5 years old....(then she can understand why she should not bite on her nails) also, to research and and fine nail polish that does not have harmful ingredients.





Please check out the following Web link.





Good luck and be safe with your children; and remember: YOUR CHILD IS THE MOST PRECIOUS GIFT AND COMMODITY THAT A MOTHER CAN EVER HAVE (besides her own life), so take care of your child.
I have been tempted, but my daughter eats everything, and I would be afraid that she would either eat the polish before it dried, or after it dried.





Since she is only 11 months, I am not going to. Maybe after she is a year and her tummy is more developed.
I would say if you're going to paint her nails, find baby-safe nailpolish. 8 months old, she might wind up chewing on some of it, getting it chipped off on her, etc.
They say 2 years. Nails are too thin and the nail polish can be absorbed into the blood stream before then, it's not safe. You could use childrens nail polish but I am not sure that's any more safe.
I paint my daughters toenails aand fingernails all th time they think it is pretty and like to pick the colors, they are two and three but when they were younger I just used to paint their toe nails so the wouldn't put their hands in their mouth and get flakes of polish off into their mouths. Also topping it off with a top coat will help it stay on longer and help the paint not to chip. I say go for it.
of course not!


my cousin is now 2 and loves having her toenails painted! as long as she wont be putting her feet in her mouth while its still wet then i can't see any problem.


Like you say, a lot of parents paint their childrens nails- why not have some fun? !


(maybe start off with a paler colour, just to see how messy it gets!)
she isnt too young. as long as she isnt just born it wont hert her
There are so many more important things to be concerned about :-). I'm sure it's probably healthier to go natural, but is a tiny bit of nail polish really going to hurt? Unless she's allergic, I doubt it. I would, however, forgo the glitter polish. Wouldn't want it flaking off and someone ingesting it.





Ah! If she chews her feet, probably not the best idea. Otherwise, go for it. Enjoy her! It goes so fast.
You are not going to harm her. I say going ahead and do it.


I'd be a little wary of painting her finger nails since those could go right in her mouth, but I'd say toes are fine. Just don't hold the bottle up to her nose or anything and they are so small that it should take you no time.





Don't worry, have fun!
I don't see why toe nails would be harmful. The hands maybe because she could put them in her mouth. I painted my daughter toe nails at 1. She is 3 and loves to paint her toe nails. I think is cute, and don't care what others think,,,I have much more important things to worry about, and I see all the little girls with painted toe nails now. So at least I am not alone...hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment