Monday, May 10, 2010

Does anyone recommend a product for clearing up fungal toe nails? preferably not a tablet form?

I have never had that problem, but I have read in the paper --in a Dear Dr. column, that people have had success with Vicks Vaporub. It says to cut the toenail down as far as you can and to apply vicks vaporub daily. I think it said it would go away within a few weeks. . It also said to use on your feet for rough skin--that I have tried and it does work.Does anyone recommend a product for clearing up fungal toe nails? preferably not a tablet form?
my hubby had the most horendus nail infection and since hes been going to the sauna it has gone xxDoes anyone recommend a product for clearing up fungal toe nails? preferably not a tablet form?
Daktarin,Aerosol.
Canesten cream is anti fungal and is good for toe nails...
Hello There !! i think the best way to tackle fungal infection is to use canestan foot cream and also if it very bad also try using Hc45 Cream together but use only a small amount coz it a steriod cream. After few days u should notice the difference..
If you can get your hands on some wild garlic and rub it into your toe nails, it will go away in no time (but your feet might be a little smelly afterwards, sorry!)
My husband had really good success with lamasil. But its a long term treatment, and it won't go away overnight.
Creams are unfortunately no use as they do not penetrate the nail. Nail lacquers like Loceryl work well, but they are prescription only. With toe nails it needs to be applied twice weekly for about a year.
yes there is, I remember an advert on TV about it,but I do not remember what it was called. may be a chemist will be able to tell you. I have read that application of vinegar may also be useful. soaking your feet in warm salt water (sea salt ) also helps.
Urine - it also clears up athlete's foot as urea is a natural fungicide. Squat over a washing up bowl and then soak your feet for about 15 mins before getting into the shower. Totally natural and no harmful chemicals.
White vinager soak your feet in that. Or try vitamin E. Give it 2 weeks see a difference
Well I have had it for 10 years. I have been to the Doctor and what I got was little help. I find if you keep the nail trimmed low and use sand paper/emery-cloth too.


Then daily, or twice daily, soak your toes with Listerine,


(the mouth wash). It is a very strong disinfectant.. Also you can soak the toe area of your socks with it so it is wet with Listerine for a long time.


I believe you can get an injection of something, but I was not offered it..... LIMSIL ????????? Lamisil ???
No
there is CURANAIL, like a nail varnish, says it could take upto 18 months to get rid. But not supposed to use other nail varnish on top. Not good for this time of year when your wearing sandals, and all you can see is yellow nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment